Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Banana "flapjacks"

Haven't posted in an age so thought I would get things going again with a handy little recipe for those of you who don't like giving Liga or rusks as a snack and resent paying Organix prices for something a little more nutritious.  These are super easy, healthy and handy for a between meals pick-me-up either at home or on the move for babies, toddlers and mammies trying to be good!


You will need:

2 - 3 small bananas
1 cup chopped prunes  (or other dried fruit such as dates, apricots, raisins or a mixture)
2 cups oats
80ml vegetable or sunflower oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence


1. Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
2. Add the dried fruit and oil to the bananas and mix together.
3. Stir in the oats and the vanilla essence and leave for 5 mins for the oats to absorb the oil.
4. Spoon the mixture into a well greased baking tray and bake at 175C or gas mark 5 for about 25 minutes.
5. Cut into squares while still warm. 


Voila!  An oaty flapjacky bar thing that costs a fraction of what you'd pay in the supermarket and tastes just as good.

2 comments:

  1. Just made these. Yum. -Santra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd make them again myself if I could stop myself eating the bananas before they got ripe enough. I'd eat the leg off a chair at the moment. That's tandem feeding for ya!

    ReplyDelete