Thursday, April 7, 2011

Love, love, love Boutique by Jaeger

I was almost fatally trapped in Arnotts household department for about 15 minutes the other day, explaining to my husband why we couldn't afford to have curtains made-to-measure for our bedroom.  Narrowly escaping death-by-boredom, I revived myself with a wander in the fashion gallery and discovered a new label crush. 



Boutique by Jaeger is new to Arnotts and is amazing.   I just about managed to restrain myself from whipping out the credit card and splurging money I don't have and won't have for the foreseeable future on this silk tea dress.   Says it all really - curtains that would hang on my windows for likely 10 years or so were beyond our budget but I was willing to fork out twice that from my savings for a dress that would make it out of my wardrobe at most a couple of times a year because silk and toddlers are not exactly best friends.   


I spent a lot of my pre-recession earnings on my wardrobe - now the clothes hang there forlornly, wondering if they are ever going to have a chance to wow again.  The thing is though, it still gives me more pleasure to look in and see them waiting there than it would to have an exquisite pair of curtains framing the bedroom window.    It gives me hope that one day I'll be back out there living it up, drinking cocktails while draped in silk, far away from sticky chubby hands.  


But if you see me shopping for new window treatments while dressed head-to-toe in Primark, be kind and look the other way.

3 comments:

  1. I am the lady dressed in head to toe Primark, looking at window dressings :) At least the window has some hope of looking good; I consider myself a lost cause in that regard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Au contraire. You've always been stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that label.. check it out in the sales. There was nearly 50% percent off!! Still couldn't afford anything though as I have zero earnings at the moment. Have you seen the other label in Arnotts, NW3 by Hobbs? My new label crush! Arnotts has really improved from when I remember it years ago. I'm like you though, a wardrobe full of fabulous dresses with nowhere to wear them, gathering dust. I just realised recently that I hardly own any "normal" clothes! Going to start wearing them going to the local shops just to give them an airing.

    ReplyDelete